Saturday, May 1, 2010

So much better!

Yesterday was so much better than the day before!
Emily had 8 seizures all under 8 seconds and that was within an hour.
She slept a lot more too, I sure she was so worn out from the 71 that she had the day before!
We had another new nurse yesterday and I am still not comfortable with someone helping me with her. I am just being honest. I feel that I do the best job so for someone to come in and do things differently than I do is bothering me. I know, I know, it is something I need to deal with and I am, just very slowly.
I did get to get out of the house for a few hour with Angie and her baby Ava. Ava is 3 months younger than Emily. We hit up a few yard sales and stopped by Kohls and got the girls some summer clothes. I am pretty sure Emily should be set for summer now. I just need a couple pairs of cute sandals and she is good.
I did not realize how badly I needed to get out and just relax for a minute. It was funny though because I am so used to watching Emily like a hawk for seizures I kept turning around and checking on Ava to make sure she was alright. Habits.....
I wanted to try and get out to the park this weekend but I guess its gonna rain so we will just be chilling at home. Hope everyone has a great weekend. It's Derby weekend so everyone be safe, watch for crazy drivers!

2 comments:

  1. Great day! I am so glad that you got to get out for a while. It is IMPERATIVE that you have some time for you and for you and Joe together. It will help you keep strong so that you can help Emily better. You and Joe need TLC as well.
    I will find Emmy some sandals. What size?
    Love you all,
    Grandma Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erica, every mom feels that way about someone watching their children even WITHOUT medical issues, so I can only imagine it is infinitely stronger for you with her seizures. It will get better! Please enjoy your time! And you and Joe need a day together, too! Love you guys!

    Lisa French

    ReplyDelete