Thursday, May 27, 2010

they're back

We have had a rough night.
Emily started seizing around 6:45pm and has not stopped. She had 49 seizures yesterday and since midnight she has already had 9. They around 5 to 30 seconds long. I have given her all of the medicine I can give her for now.

Since we switched to oral Valium it really knocks her out, unlike the ativan.
She is not on her full dose of zonegran yet, we just increased it again last night so hopefully that will kick in. Until then we started her on another round of steroids last night but those usually take a few days to work.

I have to take her to the hospital in the morning for some blood work and I pray that she stops seizing before we leave.

Stupid seizures!

3 comments:

  1. I agree, stupid seizures! Go away and leave our baby alone! Our Father, in heaven, said to ask and you SHALL receive. I have faith that He will take care of our beautiful Emmy.
    Hang in there!
    Love you all so much,
    Grandma Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so hoping they had stopped last night after I talked to you!

    ReplyDelete