Sunday, May 23, 2010

Still not bad

Emily had a few more seizures today. They are still very short most under 10 seconds. We switched her rescue medicine from Ativan to Diazepam (Valium) and it worked really well. The ativan seemed to make things worse. I am very relieved that we have something that will work. Normally when Emily starts to have a cluster of seizures it can last hours and she can have 20-40 in one cluster, today it lasted under an hour and she only had 9. It's still an improvement.
I had to share this picture. When Emily sleeps she will sometimes reach out for me and she will hold onto me or sometimes she holds my mother necklace that Joe got me for mother's day. I just love this!

My goodness I love this little girl!

3 comments:

  1. That picture is BEYOND precious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl needs some nail polish!!! What chubby little fingers... so sweet!

    ReplyDelete