Monday, May 3, 2010

good day

Yesterday started out rough because Emily had several seizures early in the morning. They were not long but the cluster just would not let up, I gave her meds but who knows if it really helps.


The two days prior she had only had 8 so it really sucks to go back up in frequency again.




The day did get better though! When the nurse got here, one that could stay awake, I went up to the park for a walk.


It was so nice to just have an hour to myself. It was so beautiful too! I could smell the flowers blooming and everything was so green!




I was in bed when Emily had her occupational therapy at 6pm so Joe did it with her and he said she did great!


They laid her on her boppy with her knees under her and let her chew on a toy, when they pulled the toy away a little she lunged for it! She has never tried to get something let alone lunge for it!



Normally when you put a toy in her mouth she just pushes it out with her tongue and makes an awful face! He also said she was making more purposeful movement!


This makes me so happy so see these little things happening!!

3 comments:

  1. I am very happy to see Emily making these milestones. It means she is progressing. That is awesome. I could give her the biggest kiss!
    I am also glad that you can get some time to yourself. You need it and it helps you to help Emily better.
    Love you all,
    Grandma Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. YIPEE!!!! Progress of any kind is wonderful...

    So glad you got some time to yourself... sometimes just sitting in silence, looking around is the best medicine to revive & recharge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brenda (Nanny B)May 4, 2010 at 3:10 PM

    So wonderful that Emily is showing progress. I'm glad that you were able to get out of the house. How nice to be able to go to the park, I know you all love to go there. Love ya, Brenda (Nanny B)

    ReplyDelete