Tuesday, April 27, 2010

rough night/morning

It's 6am and I still have not been to bed.
Emily started seizing shortly after midnight and I had just given her her dose of sleep medicine, which we increased. She was so so sleepy but her seizures just would not let her little body rest. She was laying there with her eyes closed but she was not asleep.
I had to call the on-call neuro and she instructed me on what meds to give and to call her back if she did not stop. She had not stopped and it was almost 2 hours later and now she was wide awake!
We gave her more sleeping meds and I can give her one more dose of ativan before I have to call back. So far she is asleep but I need to monitor her because she has gotten A LOT of very sedating meds. Every time she wakes up she has a seizure so right now I am just trying to keep her asleep.
We are pretty much out of options right now (med wise) and I desperately want to keep her out of the hospital.
I did find out that our insurance approved us for a private duty nurse 8 hours a day, 7 days a week. I did not want to tell everyone until we knew for sure but they start on Wednesday. I can't wait! This is going to be such a blessing. I will be able to rest or clean my house for a change!
Please pray that we don't have to go back to the hospital today. Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I hate to hear this... poor little girl... and poor momma and daddy too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you are so sleep deprived...there is nothing worse than sick baby, tired momma.

    Praying she stays out of the hospital!

    ReplyDelete