Saturday, April 10, 2010

Boring

Yesterday was a pretty boring day. Those of you who have kids or family members with seizures know that boring is GREAT!

I am always too afraid to say out loud that she had a seizure free day, I guess I think I am gonna jinx it or something. I know better though, me saying that out loud will not make her have a seizure.
So I will say it, since Thursday at 7:48pm Emily has not had any seizures! It is 2am now and there is no telling what the rest of the night holds for her.
I have got to learn to rejoice the good days. When she does have a seizure free day I feel like I am spending the day looking for a seizure instead of enjoying that time with my (way too fast growing) baby.

I know the ketogenic diet is helping so much. Before the diet she never had a seizure free day and now they are coming more often!

She is talking a lot more too. Today she was making L and O sounds. The other day Joe wanted to hold her so he started to pick her up and with the tone of a teenager she said daaaad. It was the funniest thing ever! He promptly laid her pack down and she was fine.

So I am praying that the rest of this weekend is boring.

Hope y'all have a great weekend too!

1 comment:

  1. I know this ketogenic diet is working with Emmy. That and the fact that our Lord is healing her. Try not to spend your time looking for seizures. I know that is so hard to do since you have done it for so long. Instead concentrate on the fun and wonderful days together. Also, start working with her to get her days and nights straightened up.
    She really really really learns to say MaMaw. LOL LOVe you all
    Grandma Mary

    ReplyDelete