Wednesday, June 9, 2010

1st time for everything

Well Emily had her very first virus.
It started on Tuesday night with a low temp of 99.5. I went ahead and gave her Tylenol just in case it started to go up through the night and we went to bed. I should have known she was getting sick because I slept from 11:30pm-3am and that never happens!
When we woke up I checked her temp and it had gone up a bit so I gave her some more Tylenol. Around 8am I checked her again and it was 101. I made her a dr. appt and they checked her urine and blood and every thing came back perfect.
He chalked it up to a virus and said to call if she still has a temp in the morning.
When we got home I checked her again and it had jumped to 103.7 so into a cool bath she went. That and Motrin in addition to her Tylenol have finally broke the fever. Last check she was 97.
The fever explains her strange behavior. Since her fever broke she it not doing hardly any of the weird moving or shaking.
She has to be fever free for 24 hours to not be contagious so I am praying that it was just a 24 hour bug and we can still have her party on Sunday.
I guess it's a good thing she made it until after she was one before she had a fever or a cold.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear this. Poor thing. Unfortunately getting sick is part of being human. It's the body's way of purging bacteria. You did a great job of taking care of her and watching her fever, etc. You are a great mommy. I hope she is feeling better today.
    Big Hugs,
    Grandma Mary

    ReplyDelete