Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Happy Anniversary!



Yesterday was mine and Joe's 6th wedding anniversary, and we spent it in the hospital.




Needless to say this is not how we expected to spend this day. It is ok because I would spend as much time as I had to to help Emily get better.









6 years ago Joe and I along with his mom and step-dad, my mom and step-dad, and my best friend and her husband went down to Gatlinburg for our wedding.






We got married in a beautiful chalet on top of the mountain. Me and my best friend Angie decorated the chalet with white Christmas lights and tulle, tons of white candles of all shapes and sizes, and rose petals all over the place.



It was perfect!



We came back home and had a fun reception with the rest of the family and friends who could not make it to our wedding.



Funny thing though, when we returned to our rental house the electricity was shut off. I called and they said we never paid our deposit and no one was available to turn it on until the next day.



It was cold and very dark but we made it haha. I still swear we never got a bill!!






Joe and I met at work. I was working in a hospital in Louisville and Joe had just moved here. The moment I saw him I knew he was different than anyone else I have ever dated.



I asked him to lunch one day and the rest was history!





Our first date we walked around the waterfront then went back to my apartment and watched sweet home Alabama, he was such a gentleman.




The next day I went to work and told all of my friends that I was going to marry that man! No one thought I was serious but I really was.



We began dating Oct. 24 and we were engaged Nov. 16th. We were married March 16th 2004.


Our marriage has not been a piece of cake. We have gone through several struggles. We have suffered infertilty and the loss of a pregnancy. Most recent we are struggling with our precious Emily's diagnosis of infantile spasms.

"There is no one else in the world I would rather go through this with"




Joseph Edward Rollins,



I love you more today than I could have ever imagined loving someone. You are truly my best friend. Some days when I am nothing more than just a puddle you become my rock. You are my hero and I honestly have no idea what I would possibly do without you. I promised you on March 16th 2004 to love you no matter what, sickness and health, til death do us part and I meant every single word! You are an amazing dad. Emily looks at you with such love and amazement. She adores you almost as much as I do. Thank you for loving me even when I am horrible and moody and don't deserve it. Thank you for being my provider, cheering section, companion, comfort, hand to hold, baby daddy :), and my lover. My world is complete with you and Emily.



Thank you God for my wonderful family!

6 comments:

  1. Wow!

    Thank you so much. I'm honestly speechless. You mean the world to me and I thank God every day for you!

    You are the best wife and mom to Emily any man could ask or hope for. I'm so blessed.

    I love you with everything in me!!!

    JOE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Erica - I remember you coming back and swearing you were going to marry him. I was so worried about you, and remember telling you "You don't even know him - slow down!" I mean, come on, he didn't even like George Bush! :) I'm so glad you two found each other. You are both so precious to me and my heart breaks for the struggles you are facing, but I know you are in God's hands, no matter what. Happy anniversary, guys. I love you all!

    Lisa French

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just wanted to thank you for making me cry. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. When Joe first introduced you to us, Jeff and I knew that you were the one for him and we knew you would be a part of our family forever. Some things just fit in perfect. As a mother, I have never been prouder of you, Joe and Emily.
    I couldnt ask for my oldest son, Joe to have a better family and a better life.
    I really wish with all of my heart that your anniversary could have been spent better than being at the hopsital. I know there will be many more happy days for your family.
    You made me cry when I read your blog. There is nothing that makes a mother happier than to know that her children are happy and have a wonderful life.
    Thank you both and Emily too, for making me a proud mother.
    Mary and Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  5. If there were ever a family deserving of a single break, a devoted mother to whom a rest should be owed, then I believe that it is you, and your little family. Yor strength and bottomless love puts my own to shame, and I must thank you once more for giving me the motivation to carry on. When i'm being tried, night after night of no sleep with a sreaming child driving me to wit's end, I do a double take, step back, and follow your example, thanking God for what I do have, and not what I lack, a child who is alive, and able to alert me of his distress. This latest post brought me to tears, and i'll keep you all in my prayers.
    -Miranda S.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, between you and Joe, you have made me cry this morning.... thanks so much for sharing a part of your life with us... it is great to see such an amazing love in two people so young... it is a true blessing...
    Love you all!

    ReplyDelete