Friday, June 17, 2011

New cast!

Emily did so well after her last hip surgery!
She did not even cry when she woke up from anesthesia. She was happy and smiling from that moment on.

I swear you would never know she was under for over an hour.

We checked in the hospital at 10:30 and were on our way home at 2:30.
The dr said her hip "looked and felt like a normal functioning hip" YAY!!


Pre-op-Happy girl!


The surgeon said her skin looked great and had no redness or breakdown. Score one for mom! :)
The cast was also very clean, thanks to the tip from another mom about lining her cast in duct tape.

We chose a bright green cast and I bought some zebra print duct tape!
It is very summer-y. It reminds Joe of 80's.



 I had to wrap tape around the bar because it was really rough and when we burp her we set her on our knees, the bar rest on our knees.

She has 5 weeks in this cast and then 3 months in a Rhino Cruiser brace just at night.



Also, for Emily's birthday she received several Amazon gift cards. I ordered a few things and wanted to share those with the sweet gift card givers :)

I got this swing. Our neighbours gave us the frame, it is a very small frame and perfect for Emily. The swing holds up to 100lbs so she will be able to use it for a long time!


I also got this lady bug constellation nightlight. I don't have a picture of the actual lady bug but I took a picture of the stars on the ceiling. It has 3 different colors and turns off automatically.
I have been trying to find something that will keep Emily happy at night when she is falling asleep. I, normally, have to let her fall asleep then place her in bed or lay next to her until she falls asleep. Soooo, tonight I tried it out and SUCCESS!!! I laid her in bed AWAKE and turned on the ladybug (purple light of course) and left the room. I checked back a little while later and she is sound asleep.




I also got this  molar teether. So far she does not care for it but i will keep trying. She needs those darn molar to break through! 
I am sure she will be glad once they all break through too!


No comments:

Post a Comment