Wednesday, January 23, 2013

So it begins.....

I am home....without joe. :(

It has been on of the hardest things I have done.

We all hugged and cried together. Emily kept saying her version on dad.

He will stay the night in the hotel again and get up around 4am to head over to the meps center to have his swearing in ceremony.

He will leave for great lakes, IL from there.

I don't have an address for him yet. I will call his recruiter on Friday, hopefully he will have it then.

I am so proud of Joe.
We prayed and have decided as a family to be obedient to God. We will follow where He leads and we have had more than our far share of open doors and clear signs for 
this path.
It's not the easiest path but we were never promised easy.

Please remember to not post anything on facebook about me being along or for how long joe will be gone.

Thanks for all the prayers!!!


8 comments:

  1. I can't begin to imagine how hard this is for you:( but remember that you're not alone in this. you have soo many friends & family that can be with you in minutes!! I love you sooooo much:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erica, my prayers are with you. I can only imagine how hard that was for all three of you. Joe called me at work right after you left and he sounded so sad and he said that was the hardest thing he ever did. But he knows its the right thing for all of you. When I got to work this morning, I was praying so hard for God to watch over all of you. Then I was doing my research on the microfiche and on one of the pages was a small holy figure of either Jesus or the Madonna (I think its Jesus) with his hands clasped in front of him in prayer. You can see the shroud and everything! I showed everyone at work and cut one out and pinned it up on my cubicle to remind me that he is being watched over until his return. I made a copy for you and I will send it to you. So I know my prayers and yours are heard and Joe will be safe. I will let you know on here or call you if I hear anything else. Give Emmy a kiss and know that I love you both and am here if you need me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ((((((hugs))))))) Sending lots of love and prayers to you guys. Joe will be amazing, and I can't even begin to explain the feeling you will have the first time you see him at the graduation!! It's impossible to describe. You guys are one of the bravest & most loving families that I have ever come to know, and this is only going to make you guys stronger. I know its tough, but take one day at a time, and don't let things overwhelm you. Easier said than done, I know, but soon you will be in a complete panicked mess trying to pack up to see him at graduation. And seriously, i'm always here for you. I mean it. Anytime. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought about him this morning when I was getting ready for work, thinking, "he's officially on his way"... excited to see what God has ahead for both of you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We love you Erica and good luck and best wishes to you and your family <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't imagine how hard this day was for you! Keep focused on that light at the end of the tunnel!!! Our prayer are with you all!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hugs and kisses to the 3 of you. Just remember even with the miles just look into sweet Emily's eye and Joe is right there with you. Here for you whenever you need. Love to my girls!! <3

    ReplyDelete