Monday, July 18, 2011

Missing her


My grandma Jean has been gone for 4 years today.

I miss her as much today as I did 4 years ago, probably more.

I was rarely without her.

Growing up she was my partner in crime, my best friend, my secret keeper.
Heck, I even slept in her bed until I was 6 or 7!


my birthday. Grandma and my sister Amy.





Grandma and her 3rd husband Oscar.

She was stylish and refused to wear "old people clothes"!

She had an obsession with perfume and lotion. Hand lotion, self tanner lotion, foot lotion. It was a sickness :) haha!
She hated the thought that she would ever stink! 

She was hilarious and most definitely not politically correct!

My 16th birthday. Grandma and my brother Tyler.

She loved me so. She would tease and say with a wink that I was her favorite ;)

She loved Joe and was so proud of me for marrying such a wonderful man.

She wanted to see my children and was heartbroken with me as we struggled with infertility.


I was so thankful to have a long conversation with her right before she passed.

She told me she would always be with me and that she loved me more that she could explain.
I promised her that if I ever had a girl I would name her Emily Jean. Her favorite girls name was Emily.

I talk to her pictures often and think about how different life would be if she were still here.
So different.

She was our glue.

We all needed her to keep us together.

God, knows how I miss her.

Until then....




1 comment:

  1. I know how much you miss her :(

    Steph has been gone 4 years so I know how that feels like yesterday, but feels like forever too. I know she would be so proud of the mother that you are.. & she would be eating up Emily! :)

    What wonderful memories you have with her... & those pictures are awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete