Thursday, August 19, 2010

Momma's weekend

I am leaving Friday morning to go with a group of women from my church , along with Emily's nurse Courtney, and we are to the Women of Faith conference. 

I have been several times before and it has always been an amazing experience.

I have to be honest though, this is my very first time to spend the night away from Emily and I am super nervous about it.

Emily's grandma and grandpa (Lonnie and Brenda) will be coming down Friday evening to stay the weekend to help Joe out.

Thankfully since she is still on the ketogenic diet I can make her meals out before I leave so Joe does not have to worry about that.

I know she will be fine with them I just think it is more me that I am worried about. I hate being away from her and since she has been diagnosed with epilepsy I don't think I have spent more than a couple hours away.

Please pray for Emily and that she will have a boring uneventful weekend. Pray for safety for everyone traveling to Indianapolis.
I am looking forward to sleeping straight through the night! I may end up trying to put a paci in someones mouth in the middle of the night though. :)
I am also really looking forward to just spending some time with my Jesus. It can be really hard to focus on Him while I am doing everything else with Emily. I know this is an area I need to work on. This will be a good weekend for everyone.

Also the DME guy is coming out tomorrow so we can pick out a stroller/wheelchair and a shower chair for Emily. It will be an interesting meeting because I do not want the chair he thinks is best for Emily. I do not want a chair that looks like a wheelchair, not yet. She is only one and I know this sounds vain but they have so many other medical strollers that will work.

shhh I am whispering this-no seizures yesterday!!! yay.

Have a great weekend everyone!!!

6 comments:

  1. I know you will be nervous but this is time for you to focus on you...:-)

    whispering sweet seizure fee dreams to you angel...xo
    So glad to hear emily had a seizure free day!! I am thinking you may hear my YAHOO from here in Australia!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeff and I and members of the Kentucky Patriots had a prayer for her. I just KNOW that Jesus is answering our prayers for our beautiful grandbaby.
    PLEASE dont feel bad about leaving Emmy for a while. You need this break and you need to have some fun. Emmy will be fine. Enjoy yourself, you sure do deserve it!
    Grandma Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are praying that she will do fine while you are gone. I've been specifically praying that you will have a great weekend and get what you need from this. I think it will be an awesome time for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you said that so if I wake up with a pacifier, I'll know where it came from! :) If it'll make you feel at home, I'll wake you up a few times in the middle of the night & you can feed me :) Just trying to be a good friend!

    It's going to be a wonderful weekend - for you to spend time with friends & JESUS!!! For Joe to spend time with his daughter ... for grandparents to come & love on that baby... For Emily, who is going to have DOUBLE the angels watching over her! :) So happy you're going!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very proud of you. I haven't had the guts to do that yet.

    Stick to your guns on the DME. You know what's best for Emily and your family. I'm in the middle of this stroller debate right now, too.

    We got the Rifton blue wave bath chair and we really like it. It's extremely versatile and easy to pack away and clean. We're taking it on vacation to use as a beach chair, too! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Also praying that everything will be great while you are gone... know that she won't be needing ANY spoiling... think those grandparents will give her plenty of that! And YOU must sleep with COURTNEY if you are going to be jamming paci's in someones mouth... I might find a like it and Mick would be SO upset! See you tomorrow!!!!

    ReplyDelete