Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Can I get an AMEN!!!

Ok Ladies and Gentlemen, hold on to your hats cause we have some great, fantastic, wonderful, and A-MA-ZING news!!!
Emily started sabril on Monday night at 9pm, she had 3 infantile spasms episodes after the medicine was started (no big seizures though)
Yesterday she had a total of 3 all day with the longest lasting 3 minutes and that was at 7pm.

I may be a little premature in rejoicing, but what the heck I am gonna rejoice!!!
Since 7pm yesterday she has not had ONE SEIZURE, SPASMS, TWITCH, OR JERK!!!!
PRAISE THE LORD!!!


I do understand that this may be what they call a "honeymoon stage" where it works for a while then her body gets used to it and it stops working. I am not gonna focus on that right now though.
We have something positive to look at now!!

On Monday night before we gave her the sabril I sent out a mass text to my prayer warriors and had everyone pray with us at the same time.
Joe and I held this little syringe of liquid and we prayed and asked God to let this work.


Even if its only one day she is seizure free I will still rejoice and Praise the Lord!!
This is a victory and I don't know about you but most people celebrate victories!!
Heck who needs a gold medal in the Olympics just give me one seizure free day with my baby.

5 comments:

  1. AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME!!!

    Gave me goosebumps.

    Happen to be listening to this as I read your post. Very fitting.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpfLDRULi0k

    Hallie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are allowed to give praise for any MINUTE of good news... so sister, I'm PRAISING right along with you... that's AWESOME!!!!!

    I told Joe we all need to get in a habit of praying at 9 & 9 for Emily (is that still when she gets her meds?)... praying this just keeps getting better!!!!

    (See Hallie stopped by here too - that is one funny lady!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy dancing right along with you guys... take each little victory and praise like crazy!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary Johnson (grandma Mary)February 25, 2010 at 5:42 PM

    I am SOOO thrilled! It makes me cry. My precious grandbaby and my darling children are doing better. I KNOW that our Lord and Savior, the Great Physician will heal our precious Emily.
    I have faith in our Lord. I want so badly for my children, Joe and Erica to have all of the joys of being parents without having all of these hurts and worries.
    Praise Our Lord!

    ReplyDelete