Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Creative therapy

I bought a small child's stool at Target for $2.50.


Covered it with a thick blanket and tada, a cheap therapy tool!


It serves multiple use. Makes Emily hold her own head up, in turn will strengthen her neck and head control



It makes her bear weight through her arms and knees and engages those joints so that hopefully she will learn to use those joints appropriately one day.

She wants to keep her fists closed so I have to keep opening them and showing her that she can keep her hands open while do this.


Yay, open hands!


She really enjoyed this! When I took her off she fussed so I let her do it again for a little bit, such a go getter :)

3 comments:

  1. Very cool!! Good thinking mama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. rollpsych2001@yahoo.comAugust 16, 2011 at 9:16 AM

    I have a very smart and loving mom who makes me do therapy and work so I can be mobile and independent!
    Gooo Emmy and Erica!

    ReplyDelete