Friday, September 9, 2011

Happy 2nd Birthday Ava!

Emily and Ava have been friends since Ava was born. :)
Just 3 months apart, we were so excited for them to grow up together.


Ava's mom, Angie, and I have been the best of friends since we were 14. 
I am thankful Angie is raising her children to know that Emily is different but it's ok to be different.

They know that Emily, or ma-lee as Ava calls her, gets her water and food through a tube in her belly.
Angie's son Jakob saw someone in public with a feeding pump and explained when the other kids asked what that was.

Ava knows that Emily plays differently than her, and that is ok with Ava.
Ava accepts Emily for who she is, she knows no different.

Emily adores Ava and loves the attention Ava gives her.










 Ava.
I hope that one day you will read this and know how much we love you.
I hope you will learn how much it means to me that you are Emily's friend.

She will need you when she gets older and people are not kind.
She will learn from you and you will learn from her.

I am thankful that God chooses people to be in our lives and I am glad he chose you to be Emily's friend.

You are a feisty, opinionated little spit fire and I pray that you never change.
You know what you want and you know how to get it :)

Use that when you are older to change the world!

Happy 2nd Birthday Ava!!
Love you!
Erica, Joe and Emily

1 comment: