Monday, November 15, 2010

Good days

We have had several good days now. I think we are at 5 or 6 really good days! Thank you Jesus!
By good I mean little to no seizures, minimal spasms (but still there) she is alert, responsive, visually tracking us and toys and babbling like crazy!

She has been such a joy the last week! I don't think she has really cried much either. She is sleeping at least 5-6 hours at night. Most nights she does not go to sleep until 12:30 or 1am but I will take it!

Previous to our really good week she had probably some of her worst weeks, hence the no blogging.
She was seizing like crazy no matter how much meds we gave her. You could tell she was just so out of it and "off". Long story short-low grade temp, strong smelling urine, extremely fussy and increased seizures= massive urinary tract infection (e coli to be specific) Things got worse once we started the antibiotics and I was so nervous because she has never needed them before so I did not know how she would react. Just a couple days in and she was doing SO much better.

We noticed the weather forecast was calling for mid to upper 70's last Friday and Joe and I really wanted to get some family/18 months/Christmas picture taken so we asked our good friend Rebecca to take them for us. Also Joe's dad, step-mom (Brenda) and his grandma Mae were coming in that week too so that was a bonus. They were originally coming next week to celebrate Thanksgiving but Brenda and Lonnie are going to be grandparents again and they were cutting it close to the due date. Can't wait to meet Ava!

We got some great pictures! Rebecca is so talented and I am so thankful to have these pictures to look back on. I don't think she understood how grateful we are! To capture such great pictures on a beautiful day and one that Emily was feeling great, we will always have these to look at on bad days to remind us that it is not always going to be bad. Thanks again aunt Bec!! You can follow her here on facebook.

So I will leave you with a few of the pics! Have a blessed week!




One of my favorites!

This color was amazing!




She amazes me!


6 comments:

  1. Pictures are great!!! So glad Emily is doing better and that you are having great days together. You absolutely deserve it!! Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just so happy to be able to do it for you guys... & so thankful to God that Emily was having such a good day too!!!!!! I still say she is just letting everyone know she wants to be a model! :) And she's a dang good one too!

    Praying these good days just keep on rolling!

    (That dock picture is probably one of my favorites too!!!!)

    BTW - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you've gotten so many good days... praying they continue... and the pictures are so amazing.. and yes, the dock picture is one of my favorites as well!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. really beautiful photos, you all look great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pictures are beautiful! Praying you have many more great days with Emily!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am SO glad that you are having good days! They are priceless. :) I love the photos. What a treasure!

    ReplyDelete