Friday, September 17, 2010

thankful

No, Emily did not have a seizure-free day and she did not do something new today either.



What she did do was not fuss (too much) and enjoyed going outside for over an hour (with out shutting down). She is also laying on the couch next to me smiling and laughing at everything.




On days with endless seizures or endless crying is it easy to forget the good days.




                                                         

  I never want to forget these moments.


     
       I never want to forget how she loves to cuddle or how she loves when I kiss her cheeks until she falls asleep.

                
 I never want to forget her sweet dimple just under her right eye that shows when she smiles.


Or the dimples on her chubby little hands.




She is the light of my life and being her mom is the greatest gift I have been given.


Most days are not easy and not so full of joy but today is.
Today I am thankful and full of joy and today is what matters. Tomorrow is not promised to us and yesterday is the past.




5 comments:

  1. :) Love this!! :) It made me smile... which I needed!! You are an amazing mom to an amazing little girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully put, Erica. I'm so happy that you girls had a great day. She looks so happy and sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful way to start our day...looking at Emily smile, sitting there looking at wonderful mommy. She's so blessed to have you and Joe as her mom and dad. We were talking about all our kids this morning: You and Joe, Cayla, George, Tiffany, Bryan, Emily and Ava to come in December. We are blessd! So glad you got out and enjoyed the day, it was beautiful. Love ya, Brenda and Lonnie

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful outlook! God has blessed you and Joe with amazing hearts, love, faith, and gratitude for what is important in this life. I don't know that I've ever heard it expressed so eloquently. I'm so honored to call your family my friends! Love you all, Vicki and Steve M

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dang it! I left a message about doing pictures yesterday - it woulda been a perfect day, wouldnt it? All those smiles... hopefully these smiles have many many more to come... I know you & Joe love seeing them... we all do :)

    ReplyDelete